Help create Penguicon!
Programming submissions are now open! Ready to share your expertise to educate and entertain Penguicon? Our programming is, by and large, generated by YOU, our talented & creative community. Your event submissions as well as your suggestions are vital to creating a comprehensive and diverse weekend of so much awesome no one person can experience it all.
- We welcome both beginners and veteran presenters.
- Want to present an event? Fill out our Event Submission form by April 9, 2021.
- Have an idea for an event? You don’t have to run an event to suggest one and it helps our programming staff make the magic happen! Tell us via our Wish List form.
- In the interest of full transparency, this year we are publishing the suggestions made by our attendees and whether those suggestions will make it to programming. No identifying information will be given – only whether or not a presenter has been identified.
- If you speak for more than three hours of approved programming OR submit one hour’s event documentation (email Program Ops for details), you can get a membership boost!
- Note: We reserve the right to alter panel titles, descriptions, or presenters as necessary, though we will make every effort to notify the submitter in advance.
- All presenters for Virtual Penguicon must be 18+.
- For inspiration: 2019 Programming Schedule and 2020 Programming Schedule.
Types of events
- Panel – A multi-speaker event about a particular topic presented to an audience with or without participation.
- Presentation – A single speaker event about a particular topic to an audience with or without participation.
- Workshop/Demonstration – Panels where a craft or skill is taught, or a food/drink panel.
- Gaming Event– Scheduled Board Game events.
- Special Event (Also includes Music/Film/Spoken Performance) – A large event that falls outside of the normal paneling descriptions. Previous examples include Battle Bots, Geeky Burlesque, and Break-Out Rooms. In a Virtual setting, these may include longer length events such as Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Live Recorded Podcasts, Virtual Sing-a-longs, etc.
- Birds of a Feather (BoF) – An informal gathering of like minds meeting to discuss a particular topic.
- Pre-Recorded Presentation Video – A pre-recorded video by a Presenter(s) that is scheduled. Presenters can then offer a live, virtual Q&A session to follow up if they so choose.