Hello The Peoples of Penguicon!
Penguicon is looking for you!
We, the Penguicon Board of Directors, are recruiting for the 2022 Penguicon ConChair.
The Convention Chair (ConChair) is a position that is essential to the future success of Penguicon.
The ConChair has the initial vision for what direction to take Penguicon during their appointed year, and brings in a volunteer team to make it happen. (Don’t worry, we have a field of volunteers, former Chair mentors, and improving documentation to assist you!)
Job responsibilities for ConChair include but are not limited to:
- Creating the year’s budget
- Recruiting and leading ConCom and some staff positions
- Securing Guest(s) of Honor
- Running ConCom meetings
- Attending Board meetings and reporting progress to the board
- Working with the board treasurer to ensure the year is on budget
- Overseeing the running of the event during the weekend of the event
In order to be eligible, you need to be at least 21 years of age. If you are not 21 and would still like to run, we could discuss the options of a co-chair, and the reasons why this position makes that necessary.
We would like to meet with you the weekend of June 25th, at a time to be determined based on availability. This will be a virtual meeting and decisions may not be made at the meeting.
The deadline for submitting an application is June 25th, 2021.
Interested in leading Penguicon 2022, fill out our 2022 ConChair Interest form and someone from the Board of Directors will be in touch with you!
The Penguicon Board of Directors:
- Randy Bradakis – Pres.
- Jessica Roland – Vice Pres.
- Amanda Long-Adams – Treasurer
- James Hice – Director at large
- Scott Kennedy – Director at large
- Chelle Silas – Director at large